Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 2 in Israel

Hello everyone reading! This is my first attempt at a blog, and hopefully it satisfies people's curiosity about what I do every day while I'm here in Israel for the next five months. I will try to post at least every other day, hopefully more often if I have time. Since my program has not started yet I am not sure what my schedule will be once everything gets into high gear. Stay tuned for more info.

So. I am in Israel. I arrived around 4:00pm Israeli time on February 11th. That is seven hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time for those who don't know the time difference. I am spending the first few days in Beit Shemesh with my aunt and uncle, who live here. When I arrived at their house I tried my best to stay awake, but a ten-hour flight can take a toll. I ate a small dinner and then went right to sleep.

Yesterday (February 12th) was a relaxing day. I didn't really do anything exciting. I woke up, ate breakfast, got caught up on computer things, and then went for a walk around the neighborhood. When I got back I took a nap. So exciting, I know. I woke up in the evening and ate dinner with my cousin, who had arrived from taking an exam. After dinner we watched a movie (Good Will Hunting) and then I went to sleep. As you can tell I like sleeping.

Today is February 13th. I woke up, ate breakfast, and went on the computer. Before my project begins I must create a 15-20 minute presentation about myself and my research interests for the project. Something that relates to the city of Akko (where the program is based), historical reconstruction and conservation, and my interests and background experience. So in other words, I have no idea what to do. That is what I am working on now. Well, what I was working on until I decided to procrastinate by creating this blog. So now it's time for me to get back to work. Watch for my post tomorrow to see if I get anything accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Does the "Saving The Stones Historical Reconstruction and Conservation Project" involve reconstructing and conserving these crumbling, historic stones? http://www.touristisrael.com/rolling-stones-concert-tel-aviv-israel-june-2014/12308/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve you are too witty...give the poor kid a chance to wake up. It is obvious you are not letting him sleep enough!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Ben, for sharing. We all look forward to hearing about your adventure...some of us living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete